Monday, December 9, 2013

Always Have Sweat Pants

Isn't it nice when you have a great week?  You feel good. The future looks good etc.   That has been my week and I hope it keeps on going.  

I don't know about everyone else but December is always a busy month.  Having kids means December explodes with events, parties, exams, practices. You name it.   My days are spent driving, dropping off and picking up.  My gas is already double than normal months.  

And you know what?  I love it.  Wouldn't trade it. EVER.   Even when I blew up because both of my teens was running in a 5k Saturday morning and my youngest zombie realized he had no sweat pants. None. Nothing even close.  That morning.  30 minutes before we had to be there. And it was 20 degrees outside. (I really don't know if that's accurate but, it was freakin cold)   Seriously??  How could he (I) miss that???   

Who the hell doesn't have a pair of sweats laying around???   And he's the youngest.  He should have 10 years worth of hand me downs from 2 brothers.

I offered a pair of my warmest yoga pants.  Crap, their black no one will notice I said.  You would have thought I was asking him to wear my panties the way he reacted.

So, I jumped in my car and verbally blistered both boys about responsibility, thinking ahead, I'm not going to always be able to come to the last minute rescue....(yeah, right)
Sweat Pants
 blah blah blah and drove to corner drugstore.  They have crappy sweat pants all freakin year except Saturday.

Onward to Wal-Mart.  I'm really on a roll by then.  

Pay $20 for a pair of sweatpants.  Told youngest they were a Christmas gift and don't expect anything else.   (Hey, they all know without enough coffee I will turn into psycho  Mom)

Later this week an acquaintance told me she was thrilled to see my boys at the run and how nice and polite they were and so helpful and how much $$ was raised........

Made me feel like an asshole Mom. Teen boys don't think ahead. Maybe it was my fault for not checking his closet.   So, maybe I should back it up and get him the matching sweatshirt for Christmas.........

No comments:

Post a Comment

Play nice friends and I won't delete you.........