Tuesday, April 11, 2017

New Places New Faces


Sooooooooo this New Year has found me in a new place.  Mentally and physically lol.  Physically in a smaller place.  Much smaller.  And I'm digging it.
I have dwindled (in good ways :) from a family of 5 plus pets to my youngest baby and myself.  Granted my baby is 18, drives, fixes something if he's hungry (thank you, thank you, thank you for that one)  but still my baby.  That's 2.  As in 1+1=2.   

The thrill of cleaning a small place is orgasmic.  Seriously.  Although my Dyson is pouting with the tiny 30 second run it gets every few days.....

Laundry?  What laundry???  My life used to center around laundry.  Having clean furniture in pretty colors (Oh pink and blue how I've missed you!) and not having everything brown to hide dirt!! 

Don't get me wrong.  Raising my boys, cleaning, carpooling, cleaning up dog poop, maintaining a large yard was fantastic.  It was my ultimate dream. And I did it.
A lot of times I did it well.  


But, there comes a time when the kids leave, the pets cross The Rainbow Bridge and you have too much freaking stuff, space and time on your hands.  It's the proverbial fork in the road.  Gah. I'm quoting cliches.  How boring!!

Who are you now that your not needed as much? That phase and job is done.  Do you stay the same and sit around waiting for something to happen and the kids to visit?  Or do you see that in the future and decide to change?  I mean if you want change it's up to you. Nobody is going to do it for you.  

Obviously I made my choice.  Last year I started the changing process.  Uncomfortable? Yes.  Painful? At times.  Liberating? Hell yes.  

Everything you ever wanted to experience and do is yours.  You just have to jump off that cliff and take it.

And I've jumped :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Play nice friends and I won't delete you.........