Saturday, November 17, 2012

Japanese Food and Pepto

Agh,  I'm two posts behind in my quest to blog every day in November.  I'll just have to double up some days I guess.  Hmph.

   Last night the fam and I went out to din (the hubs off on a Friday night?? gasp) and do a little window shopping  We haven't done this in ages due to the fact that someone always works on weekends,  nobody can decide where to eat, then someones doesn't want to go, then an argument starts and well, you get the picture.  Japanese was our choice.  Yum!  Only a little grumbling from one of the boys (he says ethnic food hates him while he's popping his pre-dinner pepto.  poor fella)  Good conversation, good company and my family together. (well, except for baby #1 in Guam.  Le Sigh)  It was wonderful.  It has been ages since we have done this.  I hope this is the beginning of our holiday season (wishful thinking)  Even had a little fro-yo on our way home.  We had to explain to hubs what fro-yo was.  bah!  Poor guy.


The only thing that could have made it perfect was if all my darlings would have taken me to see Breaking Dawn, the latest in the Twilight series.   3 guys simultaneously said NO.   C'mon!!!  I love paranormal  books and movies.  Throw in some vampires and romance and I'm a goner.  That's ok.  I'll just hit the matinee Monday while everyone is at school and work. So there. 

It's amazing how quickly we get into a rut.  Or a boring routine.  Just by getting out I feel back in touch with my family.  I'm sure it will be back to normal today but at the time it was a balm to my soul.  (deep, huh??!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Play nice friends and I won't delete you.........