Friday, November 9, 2012

Friday Night Lights


So I dropped my teenage sons off at a football game.   I dropped my teenage sons off at a football game??   That sounds so bizarre.  When did they get old enough to be "dropped off"?   Their high school is in a playoff thing and it was the last home game.  I always go but after it drops below say 55 degrees I watch the introduction with the dry ice fog stuff and the band then I'm outta there.  So this time I dropped them off.  The 2 minute drive home all I thought about was how could I drop them off alone? Alone with maybe 4000 people.  And I txt'd my pals who were there to keep an eye out.  Hubs is meeting them after he gets off work.  So, why am I so blue about this?

Because,  after getting into my Christmas crap a tad early and seeing all the homemade ornaments with little hand prints I am feeling a little sad about my sweet babies growing up.   Wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Ok enough.   They aren't so sweet anymore.  They are smelly, sarcastic teenagers who need me to let go of my tightly clenched hand.  They will have a ball and come home regaling me with everyone I missed and who did what etc.  And look at it this way.  I have the DVR to myself and I don't have to hide my adult beverage in a plastic Navy cup.  But realizing it's time to let go  even a little still sucks :(

No comments:

Post a Comment

Play nice friends and I won't delete you.........